SA Health is dedicated to enhancing the security and quality of patient care and reaching the best client results possible.
The security Learning System is a software that permits all SA wellness solutions to record, manage, investigate and analyse client and worker incidents in addition to customer feedback. It can also be employed for taking information regarding safety solutions also to record formal notifications like those for coronial issues or malpractice that is medical.
The goal of each one of the SLS modules, and which legislation they relate to, is described within the table of Key SLS Modules (PDF 92KB).
Any employee by having an SA Health HAD login can record an event into SLS.
Skip to parts of information utilising the matching links below:
Great things about SLS for the buyer and SA wellness solutions
Great things about SLS for the customer and SA wellness solutions includes:
- It facilitates good governance that is clinical supplying just one system across SA wellness that manages incidents, consumer feedback and notifications.
- SLS has helped embed a tradition of safety and quality in to the day-to-day routines https://besthookupwebsites.net/xmatch-review/ of many SA Health employees once the findings for the review or investigation of occasions in SLS provides a way through which lessons that are valuable be learnt and high high quality improvements identified.
- The machine can be used to examine styles in reported occasions and identify certain areas for enhancement at both a state-wide and Health that is local Network (LHN).
- Whenever coupled with information off their systems when you look at the LHN Analytics and Reporting provider (LARS) and QIP Hub, SLS permits all staff to observe how SA health insurance and their own health unit compare up against the National protection and Quality Service guidelines (as well as state that is various performance indicators).
- It can help to tell employees while the public by assisting the publication that is annual of Southern Australian Patient protection Report. This report also incorporates a summary of some of the quality enhancement initiatives which were implemented, some being the total consequence of styles which were identified from SLS information.
- Through the introduction of SLS this season we are able to see a marked improvement into the reporting of incidents in to the operational system from 32,696 reported for 2011/2012 compared to 61023 reported in 2017-2018. More to the point, we are able to see a overall decrease in incidents with damage that are down 57% from 2011/2012. This means since its inception we have been now catching more dangers and near misses which offer us aided by the information to avoid those from reoccurring or becoming more serious.
Staff use SLS in many ways dependent on their part and obligations. You can find guides and training to aid users whom:
- Are recording an event or near neglect into SLS (notifiers)
- Have actually obligation for overview of reported incidents (supervisors or supervisors will be needing access that is user/login
- Have responsibility to create reports and use them for quality monitoring and improvement styles.
Some SLS data is additionally presented in the QIP Hub.
SLS features range modules for various purposes and kinds of incidents. Each has information and resources to aid users.
Patient incidents in SLS. Perform Health Safety incidents in SLS
Every person services that are providing behalf of SA wellness must record all client related incidents, including near misses, into SLS. All incidents reported into SLS are evaluated and serious incidents undergo more investigation that is detailed.
Work Health and protection (WHS) reporting into SLS ensures a process that is standardised conform to appropriate demands and also to offer information to aid future risk control and WHS avoidance programs.
Information in WHS event reports on SLS is governed by the Perform Health and protection Act 2012 (SA)
All employees ought to report Perform Health and protection incidents including:
- Dangers, such as for example gear faults, ecological facets
- Incidents without any damage
- Incidents with damage or damage, including physical damage or psychological anxiety
Protection incidents in SLS
A protection event is any occasion or situation that led to a ask for crisis or non-emergency protection attendance. These generally include whenever some of the crisis Codes are known as.
The reporting and post on both crisis and non-emergency security incidents to SLS will subscribe to safety that is improving clients, workers and site visitors.
You can find legislative as well as other needs to help keep documents of whenever these incidents happen.
Customer feedback in SLS
Customer feedback (including complaints, compliments, advice and suggestions) are recorded and handled in SLS to push enhancement into the quality of medical care solutions provided and allow the recognition of trends and danger. Moreover it allows wellness solutions to make sure that these are typically responding in a manner that is timely the issues of this customers.
Notifications in SLS
The Notifications module offers a system for nominated SA wellness supervisors to record information about notifiable incidents. Included in these are deaths (under demands associated with the Coroners Act 2003), prospective medical malpractice and alleged sexual attack or misconduct incidents.
Coroners and Medical Malpractice notifications are evaluated by SA Health’s Legal Governance and Insurance solutions device (ISU) and referred on to SAICORP as needed.
These notifications usually do not consist of those needed by SafeWork or Public wellness notifications.
Finding SLS on your desktop
To get SLS in your SA wellness computer, click Start – All Programs – business programs – SAH Applications – protection Learning System